Ann Sobrato High School
Week of December 17, 2018
Dates to Remember
- December 18 – 20 – Semester Final Exams (8:00AM – 12:37PM)
- December 21 – January 4 – NO SCHOOL (Holiday Break)
Semester 1 Final Exams
(click photo to enlarge)
Click here for more information about exam week.
Students riding a school bus should check with their bus drivers for pickup times on exam days. The VTA bus will depart Sobrato at 12:47pm.
Although we are operating on a Minimum Day schedule this week due to final exams, elementary and middle schools are released at their regular times. Sobrato students are asked to go home after their exams to study for the next day. Trespassing on other campuses during school hours is not permitted.
Course Information Night
SAVE THE DATE! Our annual Course Information Night will be held on Wednesday, February 6th from 5:30-7:30pm. Teachers and counselors will be available to provide information and answer questions about our course offerings for the 2019-2020 school year.
FREE College Course
Our partnership with Gavilan College is back! Sobrato students with a 2.0 GPA are eligible to take PSYC/CD 2: Early Childhood Development after school on our campus and earn free college credit. Classes run from 3:30-6:40pm on Thursdays beginning January 31st. Students should visit their counselor to apply!
Career, College, & Counseling Center News
Happy Holidays from the Counseling team!
- Spring Cyber High Classes – will be available by mid-January for students who need credit recovery. Contact your student’s counselor for more information about this program if needed.
- Seniors – Get those scholarship applications out during the holiday break! Students can find scholarship opportunities by clicking here for a list of current notifications. Only a few deadlines have passed. Many due dates are coming soon.
- Best wishes to all students as they begin their first semester finals. We encourage students to make a study plan for each afternoon and to be sure to build in time for rest and nourishment!
- Seniors – Need assistance with college planning? See your counselor, contact the college admissions office where applying, or see our campus Cal-SOAP counselor.
- The Associated Student Body (ASB) has been covering all credit card fees for items purchased through the ASB Office and Webstore. Effective immediately, credit card convenience fees will be charged to the buyer.
- For the latest news on student events, follow us on Instagram! @annsobratoasb
Home & School Club News
- Please join us for our next meeting this Thursday, December 20, at 8:15 am in the conference room near the front office. Hope to see you there!
- Shop for everyone on your gift list this holiday season at smile.amazon.com. Select “Ann Sobrato High School Home and School Club” and support us with each purchase, at no extra cost!
- Thank you to all those who donated items towards our annual Staff Holiday Breakfast last Wednesday! A special thanks to Megan Sweatt who chaired the event, and to all the volunteers who helped with set up, cooking, serving, and clean up. The staff very much enjoyed the breakfast and gift cards, but most of all, the opportunity to relax in each other’s company!
FFA & Sobrato Ag Boosters News
- State Degree and Scholarship Meeting is Wednesday 12/19 @12:40 (after the final) in E114
- FFA Newsletter: Click here to check out what our FFA students were up to last month!
Sobrato-Murphy Music Association News
Thank you for your support in the following fundraisers:
- March 9th – SAVE THE DATE (& your pennies!) Mattress Fundraiser, Martin Murphy Gym
Sobrato Athletics Boosters News
- It’s still not too late to purchase Bulldog Apparel. Everything is priced to go! Hoodies are $20, t-shirts are $10 and beanies are $5. Email us at email@example.com.
- Congratulations to these Bulldogs that were recognized by the Blossom Valley Athletic League for their achievement this Fall season.
- Field Hockey: Caitlin Skurla (1st Team all League)
- Football: Jacob Zamora (Freshman Player of the Year), Jonathan Sheets (Defensive Player of the Year), Jason Martinez (Receiver of the Year), 1st Team all League: Brian Martinez, Gunnar Vereyken, Jesse Redmond, Jordan Sheets, Orion Woods, 2nd Team all League: Jackson Gonzalez, Raymond Valles, Avisad Negrete, Brian Zarate, Jona Turagarou
- Volleyball (Girls): Hailey Jones (1st Team all League), Annette Angeles (2nd Team all League)
- Water Polo (Boys): Jacob Hatch (co- Junior of the Year), 1st Team all League: Nicholas Jensen, 2nd Team all League: Jake Mendes, Stephen Parker
- Water Polo (Girls): 1st Team All League: Helena Batey, Aziza Calvert, 2nd Team All League: Kassidy Prim, Molly Foster
- And, congratulations to Girls’ Cross Country for winning league for the 3rd year in a row! Thank you Coach Cassandra, for leading our runners to victory year after year. You will be missed.
Upcoming Parent/Community Meetings
- Home & School Club – Thursday, December 20 at 8:15am in Office Conference Room
- Sobrato Music Association – Tuesday, January 8 at 7:00pm in Band Room
- School Site Council – Monday, January 14 at 6:00pm in Office Conference Room
- Athletic Boosters – Monday, January 14 at 7:00pm in Library
- Ag Boosters – Wednesday, January 16 at 6:00pm in Room E114
- ELAC – Wednesday, January 23 at 6:00pm in Room E108
Be sure to check the Sobrato website and calendar for other upcoming events!
To have information published in the E-newsletter, send an email to AtkinsE@mhusd.org