Ann Sobrato High School
Week of November 13, 2018
Dates to Remember
- November 19 – 23 – NO SCHOOL (Thanksgiving Break)
- December 14 – Winter Formal, 7-10pm, at the Children’s Discovery Museum in San Jose. Ticket sales begin 11/26.
- December 18 – 20 – Semester Final Exams (8:00AM – 12:37PM)
- December 21 – January 4 – NO SCHOOL (Holiday Break)
Semester 1 Final Exams
(click photo to enlarge)
After School Support
REMINDER: In addition to using effective study habits during our three Tutorial periods per week, there are opportunities after school for students to work on homework and ask for help. Click here for the Homework Center, Math Center, and Activity Bus schedules.
AP Exams – Register by Friday!
The AP exams that will be administered May 6-17, 2019 are now on sale. All exams will be ordered and purchased at www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/053906 by Friday, November 16, 2018 at 4:00pm. Click here for information on exam dates, how to register, financial aid, FREE test prep materials, accommodations, and more!
Extracurricular Activity Eligibility
With our next dance approaching, this is a good time to review the policy for maintaining extracurriculuar eligbility: “If a student’s attendance rate is less than 90%, they will not be eligible for any extracurricular activities.” (p.15 in Student Handbook). Please log on to your Aeries Parent Portal to review your student’s attendance rate before making plans to attend this event.
MHUSD Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
Have feedback on programs offered in MHUSD schools? The District is seeking input from families. Please consider attending this Thursday, November 15 at 6:00pm at Martin Murphy Middle School. Free childcare will be available. Click here to view the flyer.
Did you pay for school pictures that you have not yet received? Orders arrived in September and we still have some waiting for pickup in the ASB Office.
Career, College, and Counseling Center News
- Application Tip: Advanced notice is always appreciated when asking for letters of recommendation. This is a busy time of year and we encourage students to be considerate of time constraints when requesting letters of support from their mentors.
- A new community service opportunity is being offered. Students can visit the our office for more information.
- 3 Days Left!!! Seniors should be working on the Ann Sobrato Common Scholarship Application submission. The due date to submit applications is 12:00PM this Friday, November 16. Remind your student to get this done or see their counselor if they need assistance.
- The Elks National Foundation awards $2.44 million in scholarships to a total of 500 high school seniors. A minimum of six (6) $1000 scholarships are awarded locally through the Gilroy Elks Lodge #1567. Click here to apply online. Deadline to apply is this Thursday, November 15. Questions? Contact Sam Bozzo at 408-825-3428 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mark Good at email@example.com.
Home & School Club News
- Please join us for our next meeting this Thursday, November 15, at 8:15 am in the conference room near the front office. Hope to see you there!
- Staff Holiday Breakfast is coming soon! Let’s show our wonderful teachers and staff how much they are appreciated by giving them a delicious Holiday Breakfast. In order to make this successful, we need your help. Please review the sign-up link below. If you can bring 1 or more items – it would be very much appreciated! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090A4DACA822A2FE3-staff1
Sobrato-Murphy Music Association News
Thank you for your support in the following fundraisers:
- 2nd Annual Holiday Boutique – December 15 & 16th 10am-4pm, Sobrato Gymnasium (click here to view the flyer)
- March 9th – SAVE THE DATE (& your pennies!) Mattress Fundraiser, Martin Murphy Gym
Upcoming Marching Band Events:
- November 16-18th, Western Band Association Championships – Bakersfield High School, 1241 G Street, Bakersfield, CA 93301
FFA & Sobrato Ag Boosters News
Date Correction: November 28th Thursday, November 29th will be our next Drive Thru BBQ! Pre-sale tickets will be out next week until November 14th. Email Ms. Lima (LimaS@mhusd.org) to order your ticket OR buy it from an FFA member! Thank you for your support.
FFA Newsletter: Click here to check out what our FFA students were up to last month!
Sobrato Athletics Boosters News
*** Mark your calendars. The November and December Boosters’ meetings have been combined to a single meeting on December 10th ***
Attention all Wrestling, and Boys and Girls Basketball parents. Purchase a Sobrato Athletic Card and save money on gate fees at home games. Purchase here.
Upcoming Parent/Community Meetings
- ELAC – Tuesday, November 13 at 6:00pm in Room E108
- Ag Boosters – Wednesday, November 14 at 6:00pm in Room E114
- Home & School Club – Thursday, November 15 at 8:15am in Office Conference Room
- School Site Council – Monday, November 26 at 6:00pm in Office Conference Room
- Sobrato Music Association – Tuesday, December 4 at 7:00pm in Band Room
- Athletic Boosters – Monday, December 10 at 7:00pm in Library
Be sure to check the Sobrato website and calendar for other upcoming events!
To have information published in the E-newsletter, send an email to AtkinsE@mhusd.org