Ann Sobrato High School
November 12, 2019
DATES TO REMEMBER
- Tuesday, November 12 - Friday, November 22 - Canned Food Drive (info below)
- Thursday, November 14 - Fall Athletics College Signing Day, 12:48pm in Gym Lobby
- Friday, November 15 - Fall Play 7pm (pre-order tickets here)
- Saturday, November 16 - 1st Semester Progress Reports posted to Aeries at 12AM
- Saturday, November 16 - Fall Play 7pm (pre-order tickets here)
- November 25 - 29 - NO SCHOOL (Thanksgiving Break)
THIS WEEK IN ADVISORY
FAMILY CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK #4:
"No Tech Table Time" - Have everyone store their phones and other distractions away and enjoy a meal or snack together.
parent feedback needed
FALL PLAY - LAST CHANCE!
*Due to the scary nature of this piece, it is not recommended for those that are not comfortable with horror and ghost stories, or small children.
Two weeks left to get college application support from your counselors! Stop in during Tutorial periods between now and November 22. Remember, school is CLOSED November 25-29. College portals get bogged down during the last two weeks of November. Finish early and eliminate the stress!
College letters of recommendation - Advanced notice is always appreciated when asking for letters of recommendation. This is a busy time of year and we encourage students to be considerate of time constraints when requesting letters of support from their mentors.
NEW SCHOLARSHIPS POSTED
The Tri Counties Bank Scholarship Program for this year has just been announced. High school seniors who demonstrate outstanding achievement in academics, community service , or business entrepreneurship should apply. Information about this scholarship can be found here.
The PFLAG $6,000 Scholarship is now available. Any college-bound high school senior living in Santa Clara county with experience supporting the LGBTQ community should apply for this scholarship. Visit www.equalityscholarship.org for more information.
WINTER SPORTS - PARENT MEETING
Is your student planning to participate in a winter sport? Come meet the Athletic Director and learn about our program, eligibility, expectations, and goals.
- Who: Parents of winter athletes
- When: Wednesday, November 13 at 7:00pm
- Where: Sobrato Library
CCS CHAMPIONSHIPS UPDATE
Our Girls & Boys Water Polo teams competed in the CCS Division II Quarterfinals on Saturday.
- Girls Water Polo - #5 Sobrato lost to #4 Stevenson, score 8-6 (playoff bracket). Congrats on a great season!
- Boys Water Polo - #3 Sobrato defeated #6 Christopher, score 12-10. They advance to the Semifinal round on Wednesday at Gunn HS (Palo Alto) at 7pm (playoff bracket). Good luck!
Associated student body (ASB)
- Sobrato Music Association – Tuesday, November 12 at 7:00pm in Band Room
- Ag Boosters – Wednesday, November 13 at 6:00pm in Room E114
- School Site Council – Monday, November 18 at 6:00pm in Office Conference Room
- Athletic Boosters – Monday, November 18 at 7:00pm in Library
- ELAC – Tuesday, November 19 at 6:00pm in Room E108
- Home & School Club – Thursday, November 21 at 8:15am in Office Conference Room
- Grad Night Committee – Monday, December 2 at 7:00pm in Counseling Office
Be sure to check the Sobrato website and calendar for other upcoming events!
To have information published in the E-newsletter, send an email to ClarkM@mhusd.org